Training and Resources
Through our mission to Honor, Educate, Lead, and Prevent we’ve establish a large network of highly qualified and passionate trainers and speakers. We also have daily contact with organizations, agencies, and individuals who desperately need training. By submitting this form our team connects requests for training with those who are best suited to provide it.
For personal help, please visit 1stHelp.
FREE Department Materials
We are providing free informational material to any individual or department that would like to hand them out to their members.
- 1st Help Plastic Business Cards – 1stHelp is a searchable database dedicated to finding emotional, financial, and spiritual assistance for first responders. This tool will always be free to first responders, and there is no charge to register your organization to be listed in the database. http://1sthelp.net/aboutus.php
- Blue H.E.L.P. Mental Health Brochure – Tri-fold brochure reminding you what to watch for in yourselves and others.
- Blue H.E.L.P. Resource Guide Poster – 11×17 poster simplifying the information found on our tri-fold brochure.
Receive Resources for Your Department!
Books and Resources
- Calibre Press – Helping Officers Handle the Mentally Ill – March, 2017, Karen Solomon
- Law Officer – Police Suicide #41 – February, 2017, Karen Solomon
- Law Officer – Police Suicide: The Untold Stories – Part 2 – February, 2017, Karen Solomon
- Law Officer – Police Suicide: The Untold Stories – January, 2017, Karen Solomon
- Law Officer – 2016 Police Suicide: Collecting Data Is Easy…. – January, 2017, Karen Solomon
- PoliceOne – Why care for injured cops shouldn’t stop after a debrief – November, 2016, Karen Solomon
- Calibre Press – Humanizing the Badge – November, 2016, Karen Solomon
- Law Officer – The Forgotten Cops – November, 2016, Karen Solomon
- ILEETA Journal – Talking About Trauma – Fall, 2016, Karen Solomon
- PoliceOne – Are we complicit in police suicide? – August, 2016, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – 5 things cops need to know about PTSD – June 27, 2016, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – New website connects cops in crisis with life-saving resources – June 20, 2016, Karen Solomon
- Calibre Press – A New Effort to Bring Care to First Responders in Need – May 19, 2016, Karen Solomon
- Uniform Stories – A New Resource To Help First Responders – May 10, 2016, Karen Solomon
- PoliceOne – Why cops should add strategic mental imagery to their repertoire – July 22, 2015, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – How critical incident stress debriefing teams help cops in crisis – May 22, 2015, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – How civilians can support cops this Peace Officers Memorial Day – May 15, 2015, Karen Solomon
- Safe Call Now – How to Survive a Traumatic On-The-Job Experience – April 17, 2015, Karen Solomon
- Grieving Behind the Badge – Helping Children Cope with Critical Incidents – April 10, 2015, Karen Solomon
- PoliceOne – How to train for and heal from psychological ‘holes’ – February 18, 2015, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – Why agencies need a buddy-care model for rapid PTSI response – January 21, 2015, Jeff McGill
- PoliceOne – “I got shot in the face”: How I survived and healed – June, 2014, Steve Hough
- PoliceOne – My partner got shot in the face and I was collateral damage – June, 2014, Jeff McGill
- Police Magazine – 10 Reasons You Should Not Care About Police Week – May 16, 2014, Karen Solomon
- MotorCop – Hearts Beneath the Badge – December 8, 2014, Karen Solomon