What is 1stHelp?
1stHelp is a searchable database dedicated to finding emotional, financial, and spiritual assistance for first responders. In addition to assisting first responders in finding crisis-specific help, it will collect data on suicide and traumatic-stress events. This information will be used to save lives and improve the quality of life for first responders.
This tool will always be free to first responders, and there is no charge to register your organization to be listed in the database.
Who are we?
Friends, family members, and first responders with varying degrees of education and experience. Our common passion is providing first responders with support and understanding.
Because it needs to start somewhere, we have chosen to volunteer our time and effort in the hope that it will make the mental health of first responders a priority.
The personal information (names, email addresses, etc.) about suicide and traumatic-stress is confidential. Any personal information you enter about your traumatic-stress will not be shared with your family, department, or other agencies. It is solely for our information in case we need to clarify a detail or validate your information. We want to provide statistics that may save other lives, not provide a vehicle to condemn yours.
How can you help?
- Share this page with every first responder you know and everyone that loves a first responder.
- When a first responder dies by suicide, record it here.
- If you are a first responder and have post-traumatic stress, record it here.
- If you provide any type of assistance to first responders, register for inclusion in our database here.
- Join our mailing list here so we can provide updates and important information.