Asher 7-Point Wellness Coin
This coin highlights the 7 point wellness program established in honor of Police Officer Asher Rosinsky who died by suicide, in his police vehicle, on May 2, 1993.
- AWARENESS – Creating an environment where, “It’s OK to not be OK.” Open and honest discussions with our employees; bringing these conversations out of the shadows and into the open.
- SOLUTION FOCUSED APPROACH – Focus on solutions and not the problem. CordicoShield Employee Wellness App. (Cordico.com/shield)which provides 24/7/365 access to powerful resources, all confidential and anonymous.
- PEER SUPPORT – Create a proactive, trained Peer Support Team along with CISM (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing) and a police therapy dog program.
- RESILIENCY– Educate employees on Resiliency, Mindfulness, PTSD, Emotional Intelligence and solutions such as yoga and breathing exercises.
- HEALTHY HABITS– Encourage physical fitness and healthy eating habits. Allocate budget funds to build or update a fitness facility and discourage candy and unhealthy snacks around the department. Also remove unhealthy choices from vending machines and substitute healthier options.
- SPIRITUALITY– Develop a Police/Clergy Coalition, Chaplain Program and community outreach programs, such as “Pray with the Police.”
- FAMILY– Involve the families of officers from the orientation process forward. Provide access to books with key topics for employees and families (i.e. ‘Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement by Dr. Kevin Gilmartin’). Provide relationship, financial wellness and retirement preparation resources; from rookie to retirement. All available with CordicoShield.
13 in stock
*Orders ship weekly on Saturday.