#ElephantintheRoomJoin the movement and let's talk about the Elephant
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office (FL), the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office (CO) and Blue H.E.L.P. have teamed up to create and promote a nationwide mental health campaign called #elephantintheroom. Our purpose is to call out the mental health stigma in the first responder profession by addressing the elephant in the room. Unfortunately, the stigma is still a significant barrier to seeking mental health care and it doesn’t have to be. Help us smash the stigma by participating in our campaign.
Join the Movement
There’s an elephant in the room and it’s called mental health. We are finally #SmashingtheStigma and busting through the roof by talking about it. We’ve raised awareness about the number of first responders who have died by suicide. May is Mental Health Awareness Month, join our challenge to call out the elephant in the room!
Special thanks to our partner LifeView Video Production
Download your poster template and add your photo!
- Download the poster template.
- Add your photo, the more creative, the better! Elephants welcome!
- Send it to [email protected] with your name and/or the name of the department you want us to tag.
- Share your photos with the tag #ElephantInTheRoom.
- We will post all the photos on social media and encourage you to do the same!
- On June 1, ten finalists will be announced. We’ll ask you to come back here and vote for them.
- The photo with the most vote will win a prize pack for themselves or their department! What’s in the prize pack? Books, shirts, challenge coins, and some special items!
- Can’t figure out how to load the photo? Not to worry! You can do one of two things:
– email us your photo and we will send it back to you in the poster
– join us on Facebook every Sunday night at 8pm EST and we will load your photos live!